This experiential workshop will provide participants with the necessary awareness, content knowledge, and skills to foster staff development and mutual respect when exploring issues of diversity. Participants will engage in activities and discussions that enhance their own understanding of identity and diversity and, in turn, help them work more effectively with a diverse student population. Our diversity training culminates in the development of a relevant action project focusing on the specific diversity needs of your college/university.
CMI will provide your student’s leaders with training and facilitation sessions on the topic of Diversity and Inclusion. The training curriculum will provide participants with the necessary awareness, content knowledge, and skills to help foster staff development and mutual respect when exploring issues of diversity. These aspects include, but are not limited to:
- Content knowledge regarding issues of discrimination and privilege, as well as the applicable terminology.
- Critical intrapersonal and interpersonal skills (e.g. self-awareness, communication skills, problem-solving skills, and empathy) for working effectively with diverse individuals and groups
- Participation in experiential activities that enhance self-knowledge, team-building and diversity awareness.
- Understanding the importance of race and culture in the United States.
- Learning and enhancing skills related to program development, facilitation, and ongoing management.