Cultural competency training culminates in the development of a relevant action project focusing on the specific diversity needs of your school.
CMI will provide your staff training and facilitation sessions on the topic of Diversity and Inclusion. The training curriculum will provide participants with the necessary awareness, content knowledge, and skills to help foster staff development and mutual respect when exploring issues of diversity.
These aspects include, but are not limited to:
- Content knowledge regarding issues of discrimination and privilege, as well as the applicable terminology.
- Awareness of the “diverse” dimensions of diversity, including ability status, age, ethnicity, gender identity, geographic origin, national origin, race, religion /spiritual traditions, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic class.
- Understanding issues of privilege, inclusion, and exclusion
- Increase self-awareness about their own identity, culture biases, fears, and comfort levels.
- Critical intrapersonal and interpersonal skills (e.g. self-awareness, communication skills, problem-solving skills, and empathy) for working effectively with diverse individuals and groups
- Participation in experiential activities that enhance self-knowledge, team-building and diversity awareness.
- Understanding the importance of race and culture in the United States.
- Learning and enhancing skills related to program development, facilitation, and ongoing management.
Staff cultural competency training culminates in the development of a relevant action project focusing on the specific diversity needs of your school.